Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2009

The UK Sampler Guild and Linda Hadden

The last time I met up with Linda we were reminiscing about how long we have known each other. It must be around 5 years ago in 2004, when all the books and Ackworth School events were just twinkles in our eyes. Since then we have remained firm friends, in spite of the hectic and busy schedules we both have. There is so much that we enjoy today here in the UK which would not have been possible without Linda's initiative in setting up a Sampler Guild for us. It is a wonderful way for sampler lovers in the UK to stay in touch and meet up on a regular basis with outings, get-togethers and stitching retreats. Four times a year Linda produces a newsletter for members and it is the first thing I read when I pick up the post. Just click here to visit the Sampler Guild and see how you can join.

2 comments:

  1. The Sampler Guild is just the best! I am just into my second year's membership and it's well worth the subscription fee. In fact the money I save with members discount more than covers this! The quarterly newsletters are crammed with news and interesting articles and maybe one day I will get to one of the get-togethers or retreats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in England last year and before we left the states I joined the Sampler Guild. Linda was wonderful to take me to the Get Togethers and a few other events. I had a great time meeting the other members and seeing all their projects. I am excited that I am returning to England next month and will be able to go to another Get Together. The Sampler Guild is the best!

    ReplyDelete