Pages

Thursday 16 July 2009

Mamma Mia - Thunder and Lightening Very Very Frightening

I am afraid that rain, thunder and, in particular, lightening have stopped play tonight. The lightening struck and the power was blown just as I had finished cooking dinner. That's the good news. The bad news is we live in the back of beyond and will not be a priority area for reconnection. I need to save battery power for essentials. My apologies. I hope it won't be too long before I am enjoying your company again!

7 comments:

  1. Yea, same here. We had the best thunderstorm yet this season. We lost power for a bit, the storm was right on top of us. It was so cool.

    All calm now though.

    Where are you? I'm in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are ok. Take care and thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again! We have power back and the house hasn't been washed down the hill. I hope everyone in Connecticut is safe also. I live in Surrey between Guildford and Chichester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness I am glad to hear your power is up ! I'm currently in Australia, but I am a home grown Kansas girl and that means storms stroms and MORE storms ! So, I know the feeling of being without power.

    Maybe you should invest in a travel daylight battery run light so next time your power goes, you can cozy in and stitch !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you're safe - I hope that everything gets back to normal very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody commented on the wonderful title for this post! Magnifico-o-o-o.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you. Lighting just zaped our house 3 days ago and it sounded like a lightbulb exploding then there was a brigh white burst of light in the livingroom near the ceilig. It zapped out our phone,tv,and internet. We were just able to be back up and fully running today.
    I just hate lighting storms.

    ReplyDelete