Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2009

A Lovely Gift from Across the Sea

I received this lovely gift today from across the sea in France. And lovelier still is the thought that, though inspired by our Quaker samplers, it is its own unique self. The maker is not a professional designer. Katia says she devised motifs to symbolise the school, Mary Wigham, and flowers and snow to represent the seasons. This is such a special needle-keep and thread organizer for my holiday projects. Perhaps Katia will help anybody who would like to make one for themselves. Merci tant, Katia, c'est vraiment adorable.

9 comments:

  1. OMG! This is so lovely!! What a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very lovely and very thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and very original, a treasure J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est magnifique!! It's so nice to participate in this sal...what a beautiful experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I hope she shares with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift. I would love to make one of my own. I hope she will share her thoughts.
    Shay

    ReplyDelete