Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Needlework Day Classes in Central London

'Hand and Lock of London is to the rest of the world what Lesage is to France'. Having visited their atelier in central London yesterday, I am left in not doubt of that. A unique marriage of couture and military fine embroidery - actually consumated in the embroidery on Princess Diana's veil and Prince Charles' goldwork military regalia on the day of their marriage. A visit to their atelier is a wonderful experience - and even more wonderful, having met their Royal School of Needlework trained teacher, is the opportunity to learn fine stitching in the Hand and Lock School of Embroidery. I am always happy to promote fine stitching classes, so if you are running stitching classes, let me know. Hand and Lock classes run from 10am to 4.30pm and are limited to 8 participants. Here are some upcoming 2009 courses for you to consider: Jacobean Crewel Work on 16 September 2009.

Goldwork on 24 and 26 September.

Tambour Beading on 29 September.

Silk Shading on 13 October.

Hardanger 20 October. Click on the images for more details. If you are not able to be present in central London, there are guided kits which you can purchase to teach yourself. Click here for kit details. (You will need to scroll to the bottom of this page.)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you tell us about all these amazing classes....however, I was wondering if you knew a good source for the US?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if they had any way I could join in since I am in the US. And there it was at the end of the article. I've bookmarked their page so that I can order kits in the future. Keep those articles coming! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete