Pages

Monday 3 August 2009

I'm not dead - just getting the new work ready for printing











I was going to talk about the Ackworth Bookmarks - but I'll have to postpone them until Wednesday. Instead, as I'm a bit tired, I'll show you what we have been working on all hours over the last months and what has taken up all my time today. This is our Perpetually Engaging Diary - an Engagment Diary with a difference. For at least three years I have been dreaming of putting together an album of projects where stitchers can affix small projects. Now, at last, my dream is coming true. We are currently working on a 3 volume project of one of the premiere private collections in the UK. As Paule in France would say, it is Mirobolant and we are looking forward to releasing items from the collection over the next few years. The Perpetually Engaging Diary has excerpts from 27 samplers - and you can see little thumbnails of them here. Each month there is a small stitching project and you can affix it in the book - there are some rather beautiful frames to set off your work. The biggest difficulty has been selecting the samplers - where do you start when every piece is so lovely? It is an enviable - but difficult task. How do I do it? Well, I make a cup of tea, look through the images and listen to your voices in my head. I mentally ask you what you prefer. Everything you say or email helps me make these choices - I simply couldn't do it alone. So, I hope you will love it.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, Jacqueline - if this sneak peek is any indication, it is just stunning! What a lovely idea and how beautifully brought to fruition. I cannot wait until I can have this gorgeous book in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds lovely! What an exciting project!!! Something that would make a perfect stitcher's gift, too! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline - takes a lot to leave me speechless but I am gobsmacked!! It is going to be such a treasure,
    many thanks for your hard work,
    Wendy H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea - I´m really looking forward to this Perpetual Diary going on sale. Any idea when? Or did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Masterpiece, it looks fantastic and and the work you must have put into this project is unimaginable, thank you for sharing this preview with us :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! What a delight for our eyes, and soon it is to be hoped, our fingers.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful book to look forward to. Your work is inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... Every time I read your blog all I can say is WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! Everything a sampler stitcher could ask for...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful idea!! You are so busy I don't know how you keep everything straight much less have time to do this blog...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jacqueline this sounds very interesting. By the picture I can tell it is a beauty.

    Anxiously awaiting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jacqueline,

    This is going to be SOOOOO pretty! I know you must have been busy. I hope you received the emails I had sent you... no hurry on replying to me, just want to make sure you got them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous accomplishment! Your imagination is so wonderful and inspirational. I can't wait (well, I can, only because I have to) for this to be ready for purchase. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea! Sign me up -- but I would like to see projects for stumpwork, pulled thread and other forms of non-counted work included! Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! So exciting to have a sneak peak. It is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting!!! What an heirloom to leave our children (or grand-children!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Jacqueline! What a wonderful idea! Thank-you for the preview...It just whetted my appetite! I will be watching for its release!

    Thank-you for providing such a wonderful blog! I stop by everyday!

    -Holly in Virginia

    ReplyDelete