Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Embroiderers' Guild North East Region Needleprint Prizewinners


There were some really wonderful entries in the North East Region's Sampler and Home is Where The Heart Is competitions on Saturday, that it was such hard work selecting the winners. So hard in fact that I asked if special prizes could be awarded to these two entries. My wish was granted and both stitchers received a copy of Needleprint's Goodhart Samplers. I was so impressed by this carefully worked darning sampler with its delightful pattern darned border and lovely colour palette. I am sure you would have awarded it a prize also.
And certainly I felt my heart was with this North country shepherd with his flock and dog on the moorlands depicted in a variety of detached and raised work stitch techniques. Well done everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Is amazing!
    When can I found it???
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing such unique beautiful pieces of stitch work. they did deserve a prize we always need people like you on our side. so glad we found you or you us!

    ReplyDelete