Pages

Monday 10 May 2010

Design a Coat of Arms With The V&A

I love the heraldic beasts on Sarah Harris' sampler - why is it that the lion reminds me of something out of the Wizard of Oz? We have to thank James I (VI of Scotland) for introducing the unicorn to the English coat of arms. And it struck me you might like to construct your own coat of arms - or maybe personalize the one you will stitch on Sarah's sampler, To help you there is a lovely design-your-own-coat-of-arms-game from the V&A museum to help you. Just click here for some heraldic fun. Thank you for all your brilliant comments about the Sarah Harris sampler - we would just like to thank Sarah and all those who over the years have kept this sampler safe for us to enjoy today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jaqueline....I have been having fun with the coat of arms...it would be fun to stitch it also...

    ReplyDelete