Pages

Saturday 21 June 2014

Williams' Wools & The Knit Nurse - and Kendal Museum

So what am I really doing with myself these days... Well somedays you will find me with Richard, barnstorming the Surrey Hills or Sussex Downs on our bicycles, having lunch with the larks (sandwiches and a flask of tea), mending punctures in the mud and all sorts of jolly adventures such as that. So, you can imagine why, the last time I was in Kendal, I made a bee-line for Williams' Wool shop.
Maybe this is a winter project for my bike - do the tyres still puncture if they are all knitted up? I must ask Adrienne, owner of Williams' Wools, and self-confessed knit-nurse. She opened the shop three years ago and runs classes and workshops and is always willing to help with knitting queries. So the next time you are in the lovely town of Kendal, just on the edge of the Lake District, say hello to Adrienne.
And while you are in Kendal, don't forget to visit the museum there. It was opened in 1795 and goes from strength to strength. While there is doom and gloom and cutbacks in other museums, Kendal have taken on an apprentice, extended their opening hours and arranged many activities in conjunction with local colleges. Well done Kendal!

1 comment:

  1. I love it and I wish I could go and visit. The bike is adorable.

    ReplyDelete