Pages

Sunday 31 March 2013

A Happy Hopeful Easter * Easter Decorations For Your Bicycle & Horse!

It used to be the case that we had to wait for May Day to decorate our bicycles - but do you know what? - It has been such a long grey, miserable winter that I definitely think it is time to spring some spring-like bunting right this minute! I saw this wonderful bicycle outside a shop on a recent freezing cold day in Cockermouth - just the day before the 14 foot snow drifts - and in a town which has come close to ruin recently on account of appalling floods - and fell upon its hopeful colour and delight with as much gladness as Wordsworth must have felt upon seeing his golden daffodils. It strikes me that the simplest, home-made gestures have the power to change - to bring a smile to a stranger's face - to renew hope where hope might be lacking and to bring comfort in the cold. I hope your hope finds its own spring of renewal today. Just this week I saw these incredible textile horses by Nick Cave at Grand Central Station. What does your horse look like?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gorgeous! I've not been to Cockermouth in years

    ReplyDelete