Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Mary Wigham goes to the Paris Opera




Well, I did say Mary would be going to the opera tonight - in fact it is the Paris Opera. I think it is wonderful that Tchierisu-san is giving fellow opera-goers an evening class in the finer points of antique Ackworth samplers. How will everybody be able to resist stitching then? Will they have to finish a stitch before they can applaud?
And what was the opera - I'd love to know, wouldn't you? In the meantime, just switch on our Music Box in the right hand side-bar and enjoy Che Gelida Manina from Puccini's La Boheme sung by a young Pavarotti or view the performance.

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous pics! I wonder what Mary would have thought about her sampler being reproduced and carried to the Paris Opera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline,
    Tchierisu-san tells me the opera is Jommelli's "Demofoonte". - how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete