Pages

Sunday 8 November 2009

Viji's Finished Mary Wigham Takes a Tour and Meets Gandhi




You may remember Viji from Chennai in India who is was stitching her Mary Wigham on blue Aida - well she has finished. Congratulations Viji!

She tells us: 'At last, I completed the Mary Wigham Sampler. I am attaching photographs of Mary Wigham's in front of the Gandhi Monument on the beach at Pondicherry, a few photographs of Mary in Mahabalipuram (a sculpture city). It is also called a Mamallapuram. The Five Rathas are known as Pandava Rathas also. The Lion and Elephant in front of these caves are sculpted wonders as they are carved out of a single stone. Victor was able to take phtographs of Mary's Sampler in front of these lovely places. I enjoyed stitching Mary's Sampler so much. I have no words to thank you for bringing Mary close to people like me who stay so far and would never had an opportunity to know about her but for your efforts.'

It is lovely to share your Mary Wigham, Viji, and your stitching companionship. I am so impressed by your husband's placing something beneath your sampler to keep it clean while taking his pictures - that is really thoughtful.

6 comments:

  1. Viji, your work is beautiful and the photographs are lovely. Thank you for sharing. And, please allow me to join you in thanking Jacqueline. Jacqueline, you have brought so many of us together from such disparate places - from Idaho to India, this stitch-along is a mini United Nations! I hope that all this sharing doesn't come to an end. Jacqueline, do you have another project in mind for us? My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my teenagers used to say, "Now how cool is that!"............fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Yes, your observation is very correct. My husband had in fact taken the stand on which I keep the charts for stitching but it was very light and also it seems that the wind kept buffeting and toppling it. The monsoon season had set in and it was very windy and cloudy on the day he took Mary on the tour. He did not want the sampler to get dirtied and so he used the newspaper and some wooden paper weights which were in the car. At Pondicherry, he had cleaned the railings in front of the Gandhi statue with a cloth and pegged the sampler on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mary is beautiful Viji, and what gorgeous pictures!!. I love her done on the blue...so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Viji. Congrats. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful who knows someday i may have my finish Mary photo here..congratulations

    ReplyDelete