Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

My Dear Father - Free Infinity Download

I was delighted to hear from Sampler Central today that the V&A Museum now have their sampler collection on-line! This is just what I dreamed of five years ago, now we can really start to put the sampler jigsaw pieces together to help with our researches.
I have chosen this sampler from the V&A collection to show you because it makes me smile as I remember my friend's father. As a young man he and his best friend escaped from Alsace, France at the beginning of the war. Together they somehow made their way south, down to the Pyrenees, from where they crossed the border into Spain. They spent a year in a Spanish prison - as many fleeing French did, they escaped again this time to England and from there got themselves back into France again to work with the Resistance. In the final days of the war they scaled Strasbourg Cathedral under sniper fire to fly the French flag from the spire. They were subsequently awarded the Legion d'Honneur. editable Infinity excerpt to download. If you prefer a colour PDF version to download, just click here. I am sorry I didn't keep a record of the colours, but I am sure you will have great fun choosing your own.


I think when I composed this excerpt I was rather wishing I had trumpeted these words to my father, louder and more often! To honour fathers everywhere, here is a little charted

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the "Dear Father" design you charted for us. I am unable to get the PDF link to work. It says my browser cannot open the page. I've tried 2 different browsers. Is anyone else having problems?

    Thank you again for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my fault Sherre - I put a comma instead of a full stop in the link - I have just tested it now and it seems to be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was fast! You take such good care of us!

    Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for "Dear Father" it is delightful, I shall ask Em if she'd like to stitch it for her Dad for his birthday. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the charming little sampler... and to the museum as well for sharing.

    Of course, when I saw the photo of the entire antique sampler, my little heart started beating away, because I thought the free chart was for the whole thing. But a small piece is much better than no piece at all, and I will certainly be stitching it sometime soon.

    Now, if I could just get Mary finished...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it's me again - is there a Macstitch version please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks eres muy amable de poner estos graficos free para todos los que amamos tus obras.
    besos y gracias

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry there is no MacStitch version for this chart - but I hope you can manage from the coloured PDF....?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful piece for us to stitch, do you take a rest now & then J :-o)))
    I will post my sampler soon I just aquirred from Witneys, exhibition is wonderful.
    Liefs B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you once again for a lovely chart. My list of to-do projects is growing by the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks alot ,Jacqueline for this free pattern.Is delightfull......& you too!Couson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks thanks Jacqueline
    hugs
    françoise

    ReplyDelete