Pages

Saturday 19 September 2009

Viji's Very Special Mary Wigham from India

Sometimes I am taken to task for selling direct. Am I not undermining the very Local Needlework Stores I say I support? I think those of you who have come to me requesting items can answer that best, since you are always encouraged to visit your LNS first. We are blessed with having wonderful LNS compared to the rest of the world - if only the rest of the world were the same! There are stitchers around the world, in many diverse countries, whose only chance of acquiring our books is by direct purchase. And sometimes not even then. I was delighted when Viji in the Chennai in India joined us in our Mary Wigham stitch along. She asked me what count Aida she should use. I offered to send her a gift of linen for her sampler since Aida is all there is to be had where she lives. But, I was gently told, parcels don't always get through..... Never daunted, in spite of the huge difficulties she faces, Viji is making good progress on her sampler on blue Aida. Viji is a great fan of the Infinity downloads, since again it is a simple reliable way of being able to participate with the stitching community. It's good to have you with us, Viji!

6 comments:

  1. I have to buy 98% of my stitching supplies through the mail...I can`t imagine what it would be like to be denied even that! Congrats Viji for persevering! Your Mary Wigham is beautiful on blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My LNS is very good but due to the size of her tiny shop she can't stock everything. I buy as much from her as I can but I do have to use the internet sometimes. I ended up stitching on aida too because I couldn't get a large enough piece of evenweave at a price i could afford. Despite this I am really pleased with the look of my sampler. Viji your sampler looks beautiful, well done Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello viji..its so nice to see u here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in the great northwest area of the USA we do not have a needle shop in Seattle or where i live in Bellingham, WA. so thank goodness for needleprint and the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is really beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete