Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Coptic Weaving at West Dean and Coningsbury Gallery 20 November - 1 December 2012


I am very excited today because I am just about ready to leave for a weekend course of Coptic weaving at lovely West Dean College. Bliss. I first fell in love with this weaving technique about 15 years ago when I saw these Wissa Wassef Art School tapestries for sale in Primavera in Cambridge and I quite rashly bought them both. I have been totally fascinated by them and their makers ever since, visiting exhibitions at The School of Oriental and African Studies in London and elsewhere. So, my fingers are itching to begin! You might be interested to know that there is an upcoming exhibition of Wissa Wassef tapestries at the Coningsbury Gallery, 30 Tottenham Street, London W1T 4RJ between 20 November – 1 December 2012. The exhibition is open daily including Sunday from 11am – 6pm. If you would like to request an invitation to the private view on 19 November 6pm - 9pm click here. To see images of the exhibition click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment