Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Caitlin's Stunning Sarah Harris Finish

Caitlin from Canada has recently finished her Sarah Harris Sampler and the result is superb. Catlin writes: I just wanted to show you my completed Sarah Harris sampler, which I finished in June. This was only my second project and I am so proud of it! Thank you for all the hard work you do making these beautiful samplers available to those of us who cannot afford to buy the wonderful originals, but are happy to stitch reproductions. Sarah Harris was a lot of fun to work on. I found that the variety of motifs and colours kept me interested for the seven months of work it took to complete the whole piece. You certainly should be proud of yourself, Caitlin, many congratulations and I hope you and your family enjoy your wonderful heirloom piece for generations to come. Sarah Harris' sampler is such a special Quaker sampler, which with the discover of the early Elizabeth Pim sampler seems to owe its design source to the Quaker community in Ireland. If you would like to see more of the Sarah Harris Sampler and its motifs, click here. And for the Elizabeth Pim sampler, click here.

1 comment: