Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

Congratulations on Your Pinballs, Joanna!

I was so thrilled to see Joanna's completed pinballs yesterday - she certainly deserves a pat on the back. Joanna told me that recently she has been trying to reach further back into the history of handknitting and "discovered" pinballs as part of that journey. She says it's nearly impossible to re-create them from the poor quality photos and then how do you go about assembling them? She was, therefore, really grateful to Erica Uten for all her work in figuring out the pinballs. The carnation pinball above is from Erica's book Tokens of Love - Quaker Pinballs and the tulip pinball below is from the Ackworth School Pattern Book which is now available as a download.


You might also like to see:

1 comment:

  1. I'm a knitter and a sewer and would love to make these as a gift for my mother who is also a knitter and a sewer.

    Joanna has done a beautiful job in creating these pinballs in the knitted form ~ that I hope that I'll be able to do as good a job as her.

    ReplyDelete