Pages

Thursday 14 October 2010

Passionate About Pattern - The Anokhi Hand Printing Museum

I have always been passionate about pattern, whether deciphering numeric or linguistic sequences as a child, reverse engineering 48 bit machine code as a student, choosing clothes or designing stitching projects as an adult. There was an Anokhi shop right next to Auntie's Teashop in Cambridge and I used to spend much of my time there - when not in museums! The whole shop was so sumptious with pattern it used to make my heart race. Now it is good to learn that there is an Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing in Amber. Situated in a beautifully restored 16th century mansion recognised by UNESCO for its inspired use of indigenous skills and materials, the museum includes collections and changing exhibitions & displays borrowed from the museum archives and donors. Additionally, the museum has several forums for interaction and in-depth learning, including demonstrations and workshops. I am going just as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment