Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

My Mother Always Used To Say...

Birthdays are always a good time to think of your mother - where would you be without her? All I could do was smile when I saw this print of a Japanese woman stitching her kimono, because this is exactly how my sister and I would sew on the living room carpet in the evening. Bottoms in the air... needles in our mouths. And my mother always came in and found us out and would tell us one more time since obviously we had cauliflowers growing in our ears and hadn't heard her before NEVER PUT YOUR NEEDLE IN YOUR MOUTH.
Thank you to everyone for sending me your special birthday greetings - the biggest birthday present I have every day when I get your mails and news - it's a great privilege and I count myself truly blessed. I thought you might like to see this pretty greeting stitched by Rosella from Italy.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I always call my Mother on my birthday and thank her for birthing me. Not sure when I started doing that, within the last 10 years most likely. She is getting older and I think there aren't very many more birthdays for us together.

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence. My birthday was just a few days ago, and when I called my Mom, and she told me that still remembers the day I was born, we laughed a bit together and I thanked her for her efforts. And we laughed a bit more.

    Belated greetings to you, fellow Virgo. xo

    ReplyDelete