Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

The Micheál & Elizabeth Collection at the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, UK 2012/2013


Oh goodness me, I have been sitting here for sometime with clenched teeth and bitten tongue - and I have been just so very excited and wanting to tell you - it has been ecstatically excruciating.... The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford is planning an exhibition of The Micheál & Elizabeth Collection for either late 2012 or early 2013 - we are just waiting for those firm dates now. Mary Brooks will be guest curator. So, don't you think it is time for us to get together again for a little stitching happening? One very special person who will be planning worshops with us is the wonderful Nicola Jarvis - she worked on stitching THAT DRESS worn so beautifully by the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, on her happy day in Westminster Abbey when she married Prince William. And I'll do my best one more time to make sure you have a great time with other events and speakers. I have missed you all! So, if you would like to be put on the notify list, just click the flying angel below. We'll let you know as soon as we have firm dates.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates to this exhibit and your related events. It's been ages since my last UK visit, and I do hope to coordinate my next trip across the pond to include all sorts of treats all over.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete